Place of origin: Cundinamarca, Boyacá and Nariño.
Fruit of Love, source of vitamins, fiber, and minerals. It is consumed naturally, in desserts, syrup, salads, dehydrated, infusions, chutneys, jam, sauces, especially in decoration for dishes and cocktails.
- Semi-acid fruit, round, yellow, and small, comes with a protective shell. ½ cup of cape gooseberry is equivalent to 1 serving of fruit.
- Its leaves and fruits are used in the chemical and pharmaceutical industry.
- Purifies the blood, tones the optic nerve, effective in treating Cataratas.
- Their flavor is amazing and fresh.
- There are more than 80 varieties and Colombia is the first country in the world in its production.
- Source of minerals, antioxidants and vitamin A and C. They have immune modulating and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Color: At harvest time its color is light yellow and as it matures its color turns dark yellow.
- Texture: Firm, smooth
- Flavor: it has an exotic aroma and a sweet and tart taste.
- Health: It is a source of Vitamin A and C and antioxidants. Provides 14% of the RDA for Vitamin A, which is excellent for vision. Because it is high in Calcium, it helps to strengthen the bone system.
- ° Brix: 14.1 – 17 (Characterization of Colombian fruit and vegetable products and establishment of Technical Quality Standards. Cenicafe and Novacampo Experimental Tests)
It is recommended not to break the cold chain, store in places separated from strong odors, and keep as much as possible at temperatures around 13º C. For conservation in controlled environments, keep relative humidity between 65 – 70%.
- For its fresh consumption, the calyx that surrounds the fruit must be removed and the fruit is consumed without removing its peel since it is edible.
- You can prepare jams, sauces, or fillings for delicious cakes, and decoration.
21 days for the Cape Gooseberries room temperature and 10 days for the Goldenberries ready to eat if stored at fridge temperature.
The Goldenberries is subjected to the stages of Receipt, Storage, Selection, Basketing, Drying, Packing, and Dispatch.
- 12 baskets x 100 g x 1.2k g x box
- Capeless ready to eat. 12 clamshell x 125 g x 1.5 kg x box
- Lose x 2.4 kg x box