Place of origin: Huila, Cundinamarca and Boyacá
Of the tropical fruits the most preferred on hot days.
Among its most significant properties are: rich in vitamin A and C, antioxidant, prevents aging, protects against sun damage and strengthens the immune system, contains a high amount of fiber, has potassium, phosphorus, and magnesium, iron, and flavonoids.
Its flavor is slightly bittersweet and very aromatic, yellow in color, in the shape of an oval or round berry, fibrous and juicy, covered with a thick, cessor, delicate, and inedible peel but used to extract its oil for cosmetic purposes, the pulp contains innumerable seeds little.
To consume it raw, it is not necessary to remove the seeds, it can be eaten directly from the fruit once opened or used in fruit salads, it can be frozen, the process affects its texture but the flavor remains without appreciable changes for up to a year.
- Also known as parcha, parchita, chinola.
- The seeds of its fruit are used and its pulp is ideal for making juices, smoothies, and desserts.
- Color: The fruit is harvested yellowish-green, the more yellow, the sweeter its pulp.
- Taste: It is bittersweet, its exotic aroma develops at greater maturation, until its rind wrinkles and becomes sweeter. It is used a lot in gastronomy, desserts, juices, and cocktails.
- Health: It is high in Vitamin A, B, K, and C. Its level of Beta-Carotene acts as an antioxidant and helps prevent heart disease. Helps strengthen the immune system. It is strong in the minerals Phosphorus and Calcium, which strengthen bones and teeth.
- Brix / Acidity Ratio: 3.24 – 4.18
It is recommended not to break the cold chain, store in places separated from strong odors, and keep as much as possible at temperatures around 13º C. For conservation in controlled environments, keep relative humidity between 65 – 70%.
FORM OF CONSUMPTION
This fruit can be consumed fresh, cutting it in a half, and consume it directly with a spoon. You can also prepare smoothies, yogurt, jams, liqueurs, ice cream, and puddings.
TYPE OF TREATMENT
Passion fruit is subjected to the stages of Receipt, Storage, Selection, Cleaning, Ventilation, Packing, and Dispatch.
18 units x 2.0 kg x box