Place of origin: Antioquia, Cundinamarca, Boyacá and Santander.
From our Amazon, wild fruit of green, yellow or purple color, depending on the degree of maturation, subtly acidic but not as acidic as passion fruit.
Also known as purple curuba, especially consumed as a soft drink, its pulp is rich in aroma and flavor.
It is split in half and its seeds are consumed.
Excellent to stimulate the elimination of liquids, prevents aging and osteoporosis, beneficial to improve ulcer and gastritis.
- Color: The peel is green in color and when ripe it turns purple. The pulp is orange with edible black seeds.
- Flavor: It is bittersweet, the longer it ripens, the sweeter it tastes. It is very aromatic and delicious. It is divided in two and its pulp is consumed with a spoon. It is also used in gastronomy for desserts, juices, and cocktails.
- Health: It has a high content of Vitamin A and antioxidant power.
- Brix / Acidity Ratio: 3.24 – 4.18
It is recommended not to break the cold chain, store in places separated from strong odors, and keep as much as possible at temperatures around 13º C. For conservation in controlled environments, keep relative humidity between 65 – 70%.
- The packaging must allow adequate air circulation.
- The pallet must be composed of a tower of 288 boxes which are made up of a base of 16 boxes by 18 rows high.
- The cold chain must be maintained throughout the transportation process.
The Passion Fruit can be eaten fresh, cutting it in half and eating the pulp with a spoon, it can be eaten alone or by adding cream and sugar. It is also delicious in salads or nectar, pressing the pulp over a strainer and adding water. The sifted pulp can also be used to make jellies, jams, sauces, cocktails, and ice cream.
The Passion Fruit is subjected to the stages of Receipt, Storage, Selection, Cleaning, and disinfection, Packaging, and Dispatch
Packaging 2.0 kg Net / box